(Title Image: Welsh Conservatives)
The new Leader of the Opposition, Paul Davies AM (Con, Preseli Pembs.), undertook a reshuffle of his Shadow Cabinet as the 2018-19 parliamentary term got underway.
The reshuffle also resulted in a number of committee membership changes, which were approved by AMs on September 18th.
Here’s the new Shadow Cabinet in full:
- Angela Burns AM (Con, Carms. W. & S. Pembs.): Shadow Health Secretary
- Suzy Davies AM (Con, South Wales West): Shadow Education & Welsh Language Secretary
- Nick Ramsay AM (Con, Monmouth): Shadow Finance Secretary
- Darren Millar AM (Con, Clwyd West): Chief Whip; Shadow Secretary for External Affairs
- Russell George AM (Con, Montgomery): Shadow Economy & Infrastructure Secretary
- Andrew RT Davies AM (Con, South Wales Central): Shadow Secretary for Environment and Rural Affairs
- David Melding AM (Con, South Wales Central): Shadow Secretary for Housing & Culture
- Mark Isherwood AM (Con, North Wales): Shadow Communities and Local Government Secretary
- Mohammad Asghar AM (Con, South Wales East): Shadow Secretary for Further Education, Skills & Faith
- Janet Finch-Saunders AM (Con, Aberconwy): Shadow Secretary for Social Care
Some AMs have also been given shadow ministerial responsibilities for specific regions; Russell George for Mid Wales and Mark Isherwood for North Wales. Mark Reckless AM (Con, South Wales East) hasn’t been given anything (though technically he’s an Independent).