(Title Image: Plaid Cymru via Flickr under Creative Commons Licence BY-NC-ND-2.0)
Plaid Cymru recently reshuffled its shadow portfolio responsibilities with just over a year to go until the next Senedd election.
- Sian Gwenllian AM (Plaid, Arfon) – Education, Culture & Welsh Language; Chief Whip
- Rhun ap Iorwerth AM (Plaid, Ynys Môn) – Health & Finance; he’s also set to replace Adam Price as the Senedd’s Official Languages Commissioner
- Leanne Wood AM (Plaid, Rhondda) – Social Justice & Equality
- Dr Dai Lloyd AM (Plaid, South Wales West) – International Relations & Constitutional Affairs
- Llyr Gruffydd AM (Plaid, North Wales) – Environment & Rural Affairs
- Delyth Jewell AM (Plaid, South Wales East) – Public Services & Future Generations
- Helen Mary Jones AM (Plaid, Mid & West Wales) – Economy & Transport
- Bethan Sayed AM* (Plaid, South Wales West) – Post-16 Education, Skills & Innovation
Former Plaid Cymru MP, Elfyn Llwyd, will act as Counsel General spokesperson.
Party Leader, Adam Price AM (Plaid, Carms. E. & Dinefwr) said: “With just over a year to go until Wales elects a new government, I’m proud to unveil the Plaid Cymru team that will lead the fight for the people of Wales in this new decade of change. We won’t simply manage problems. We’ll propose and deliver real solutions that will have a positive change on people’s lives.”
*Helen Mary Jones will temporarily take on Bethan Sayed’s responsibilities during the latter’s forthcoming maternity leave.